Thursday, January 7, 2010

Do you live in the past, present or the future?


When I started blogging, I had no idea about what to write.  Whenever I was involved in some discussion with my friends, I had a habit of arguing. After watching me closely one of my friends suggested me why don’t I blog my views. Then I questioned myself why should I be? No one pays me to write. No one gives a damn either. Or maybe they do. It’s not that there aren’t things/topics to write on. There are. But does my opinion matter? Do my thoughts count? Who am I anyway? Or who do I think I am?


“Either you are thinking about what happened in the past or worrying about what will happen in the future. You forget to consider the present. That’s the only trouble with you.”
That’s what my friends told me few days back… Hate it though I may, he is right.

    I don’t regret my past, but I do think if I could have taken some decisions differently, done things another way.
       Perhaps the biggest past factor with me is thinking about people. I don’t exactly nurse a grudge, but I find it hard to forget. I might think I have forgiven, but then at unexpected moments I realize I don’t know how to forgive. It all comes back.

      The future thrills me and scares me to death. I fear losing what I have, but even more than that, I fear that I might stop appreciating what I have. I’ve run from jobs, relationships, people… What if I do it again? My friend calls it my “second guessing streak”.
      He says I think negative thoughts and either worry myself trying to prevent it or worse, get fatalistic and make it happen.
I can perhaps stop thinking about the past. However the future…? It confuses me, when people say “live in the present, don’t think about the future”. Will not our actions today affect our tomorrow?


Do you live in the past, present or the future?





2 comments:

  1. future gurinchi emo kaani ... past taluchukuntey matram manchi marchipoleni visheshalu evo gurtostunnay raa jilani ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ante Kada ra, Past bale undedi...Chance vaste malli malli venakki vellalani undi...

    Dani gurinchi kooda rasanu I wish I'm 19 Again Ani...veelunte choodu

    ReplyDelete