Thursday, January 15, 2009

About Children..!!

Yesterday, after coming from office just sat and thinking what to do. Automatically my fingers went to EA SPORTS Cricket 07 and started playing it. Some time after I got bored with that game and feeling a kind of madness. My buddy Sandeep is searching for some movie. He said Jumps do u like to watch “FORBIDDEN KINGDOM”? I said lets watch it man, its very boring. I have no idea about this movie, but rating given around 9/10 some thing like that. It is Jackie Chan n Jet lie’s movie. Started watching it with no interest, but to my surprise! I don’t know when 2 hrs passed out. That movie was very interesting. After watching movie, my brain went to past. They are my schooling days; my friends are learning KARATE n KUNGFU. I went to mom first and asked her "Mom I want to learn Karate". She simply replied ‘NO’. I didn’t even ask her ‘WHY?’, because there is some ready made answer for my mom, "concentrate on u r studies, and u r in 10th Standard. You should score good marks". My dad says the same thing. AAh man!! My life is only for study. These guys never allow me to play; never allow me to learn Karate. Never allow me to do other than study. So Karate left as burning desire in me. I turned 24now, but still I never really got an opportunity or I couldn’t make opportunity to learn Karate. I didn’t mean to blame my parents, I love them a lot.

But I don’t understand why our parents do like this...!!! They always want us to study. My mom particularly never allowed me to play cricket in Play ground, which is very near by my home and all of my friends play everyday there. My mom is very scary about us. She used to think like “If I allow these children to play, they may get hurt r they may quarrel among them, they may fight, some thing may happen...” So she always restricted us to play Cricket in Play ground. But she allowed me to play with my neighbors and with my bros in front of my house. Its like gully cricket. I requested her many times to allow me to play in Playground. She always refused. Hence there is only one way I can play at play ground, cheat her. I used to tell her, "Mom I have some private class or I am going to my friends’ home or some lie according to the situation". But every time she caught me. She beat me many times. But I didn’t get change. My friends and me started bunk the school and go to some play ground to play Cricket. My Teachers never complained to my parents on this issue because the attendance register is always says Jilani is present in the class. I was the leader of the class. But this time my dad caught me while he is heading to office. Don’t ask me what happened next..?? But Jilani didn’t get change. I always grab every possible opportunity to lie with my mom to play cricket. Though I am doing these many tricks they never understood me. At the same time I failed to understand them.

Any way I’ve completed 10th standard, completed my intermediate. My mom never allowed my brothers and my self to play cricket in play ground. So automatically, I lost interest in playing cricket. But I’ve noticed that my younger brother is some thing similar to me. He is also trying to cheat my mom. But he doesn’t know the fact that his brother (i.e. me) passed the same situation and he can understand his tricks. I know he is cheating my mom just to play cricket.

I was in dilemma for few days, shall I inform my mom about his tricks or shall I ignore.
I was the person who is doing the same tricks to play cricket, now how can I inform to my mom. But I am the eldest son of the family, I should inform her. I thought for 2 days n went to my mom n dad told them, Let Sajeed Play cricket every day. Mom n dad its not good that u r son is cheating u. If you people stop us, we will find some wrong way. So, please allow him to play. Nothing will happen; I’ll take care if any thing goes wrong. I told them “You people always asked me to study, but how many marks I got?” They r not completely convinced but they allowed my brother to play cricket then on wards.

Hence I’ll request every single parent to think over it. Let your children Play. Don’t always tell them to study. Whatever they study in their childhood, that is not gonna help them in future. They’ll forget all of that non-sense. For sure, they’ll learn the things in future. For example I’ve learnt Ohm’s Law in 8th standard. But I don’t remember that law till Intermediate. I once again learnt it in Intermediate, forgot it again. I learnt it in Engineering (Of course I remember it now). Similarly many things got repeated in higher studies. So don’t let our children work like a donkey carrying a bag of 10kgs.Let them do whatever they like to do. Don’t ask them to do u r interests. That is their life, let them live. You are already living u r life. I don’t know in 6th standard what these children learn something in IIT standard? Now a days there are many IIT foundation schools are coming. Children are not even interested to study normal subject. What the hell these guys teach at the age of 12 in their schools in IIT standard?

I know this generation is much faster. But whatever the generation is a child is child. No one likes to sit in the school from morning 8 to evening 8 at the age of 8. Education is important. But only education is not important. Holidays are reducing day by day. When I was a kid, my Grandpa used to tell me these many stories. If I went to village (My grandpa’s hometown), I used to play every possible game. If some big festivals like Dussera, Sankranti Comes we used to get 10 days as holidays. I don’t think in these days this is the thing happening. The situation is like as soon as some one born, he needs to compete with some other. This is not acceptable.

By thinking all these things...I went into sleep. (Time was 11.03 PM)....I can hear with low voice some cool song “tera naa hona” from Jab we met.

No comments:

Post a Comment